Tuesday, February 24, 2009

CABIN 4!

You know, people at my office think I'm crazy when I tell them that my long weekends are spent chaperoning youth trips. Honestly though, I can't imagine a more rewarding weekend.

I have now spent more than a year getting to know most of these girls and it's incredible to watch them open up. People are often afraid of middle school because they can appear so ridiculous sometimes about the opposite sex and being so cruel to each other. But if you can work hard enough to get through that facade, they deal with a lot of really tough issues. Loneliness, broken homes, broken hearts, abusive fathers, anything and everything that adults deal with, but with potentially greater consequences.

Last weekend gave me an amazing opportunity to show these girls that they are loved. It is difficult for them to grasp God's love sometimes, but if they can see Him through me - that makes all the difference in the world.

I wouldn't do anything else with my long weekends =)


No comments: