Monday, May 5, 2008

Thoughts on Great Women of Faith

Last week at Bible study (Wednesday nights 9pm at James' house, everyone should go), we split girls and guys, and we girls got in a discussion about something that I struggle with all the time. All these great women of faith, the women who serve God until he takes them to heaven, the Mother Theresas and Ruth Grahams of the world, how did they do it? What kind of decisions did they make to get them where they were? Did they get up in the morning and think, "Yes, today I will serve the Lord in this..." or "I will sacrifice this for the good of the Kingdom." How many times a day did they do that? Weren't the exhausted of serving? How did they get refreshed from God? Is it possible that one day I might be able to join the ranks of such phenomenal women? Will I be able to follow the footsteps of Christ for 50 more years? Or will I be like so many others who grow weary and fall off the path.

I love 2 Timothy. Paul knows he won't live much longer and is sending Timothy his last words of wisdom. I hope someday I may be able to speak the words that Paul did:


"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that day - and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearing."
- 2 Timothy 4:6-8

No comments: