Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Eager Anticipation

In a post a little while back I talked about how much I love words. I have discovered I learn not only from written words, but from spoken ones as well. I love to pray out loud. I love to recite scripture and feel the words roll of my tongue. The Psalms are my favorite to recite because they are poetry poured from the hearts of writers long ago. When I read the Psalms out loud I'm echoing words that thousands upon thousands of people have spoken and prayed and screamed before the Lord. What a legacy is held in these words!

I was struck by one verse in particular tonight.

Psalm 5:3
"In the morning, O Lord,
you hear my voice; in the morning
I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation."

I looked up "expectation" in the dictionary and it says "eager anticipation." Do I sit before the Lord as a young child waits for Christmas morning? Do I long for interaction from the Lord in the same way new parents eagerly anticipate meeting their new infant?

What would happen if I really did get up in the morning, ask big things of God, and then "eagerly anticipate" what He will do in response?? I think I shall try to find out =)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Looks great, Annie! :-) Can't wait to keep up on your exploits and insights and continue to hear about all the great things God is doing! Thanks for starting a blog to share them with so many!

Ashley said...

I am certainly the lamest sister-in-law in the world -- I didn't even know that you are blogging now until I saw it on Leah's blog! Good thing you two are teaming up to keep me on track :)

I LOVE that you are blogging now -- you are such a gifted writer and I'm looking forward to getting deeper into your brain through your words!

Love you!