Sunday, June 1, 2008

FUSE Launch

Tonight was the official launch of FUSE. All the time and energy poured into planning has now turned into a living, breathing venue. It is at times stressful, overwhelming, and difficult to manage. But other times, it has been amazing to see the power of God working.

I know this is just the beginning. There are many, many more weeks of this to come, and for that I am grateful. However, I know we will get tired. It is by the nature of being human that we get worn out sometimes. But tonight when I got home I listened to a sermon by a pastor in DC named Dick Foth and he said, "We are not working for God; instead we are working with God. Just that prepositional flip makes all the difference in the world as to whether we see ourselves as employees or as friends."

That concept is so foundational in the success or failure of FUSE. We are not breaking ground, instead we are picking up a shovel on ground in which God's already working.

God, allow me to wake up tomorrow and join you in the work you are doing.

No comments: